Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Exciting News

I have a GREAT interview lined up for Thursday evening. iEATdetroit will have the first installment in a series of interviews with active community members that envision a bright future for our city. Look for the most exciting post to date this weekend!


In other news...


--


Meet me in Midtown. It's going down.


Yelp!
I ran across Yelp's Passport to Midtown! on Dig Downtown Detroit and I was happy to find out that most of my upcoming extracurricular activities had already been planned out for me.  From May 14-23, Yelpers are being encouraged to explore one of the fastest growing neighborhoods of the city.


You want the gist?  I'll give you that gist:


Every evening for over a week, Yelp is promoting a special event.  Excursions will range in genre from bus tours to brewery and pub crawls and from art exhibits to mind, body and spirit classes.  At least we know that everyone will be able to find at least one event he or she can enjoy. Schedule? BAM.  


There are also a few participating businesses that will be offering special discounts all week.   After wading through all the free cups of coffee and 15% off vegan meals (thanks hipster Yelp community manager), I found a personal favorite.  Vino Dream will be offering a 1.5 hour wine training course for two for $99 (normally $199), or wine list planning for a special event for $69 (normally $115).  Overall, this looks like a hands-on way to build some positive energy and get people to Midtown.




Count this guy excited!  Eat well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment